• home1.jpg
  • home2.jpg
  • home3.jpg

The Friends of Wells Cathedral was founded in 1933 and there are now Friends across the globe. The Friends support the Chapter of Wells in the of maintenance of the fabric, life and work of the Cathedral. The Friends have contributed to projects big and small, relating to the building and to departments within the Cathedral Foundation. The Friends committed themselves to funding the £1.8m for the Friends Building in the Cathedral Development Project.

A new programme of Friends' Events was published at the AGM.  Please the Friends' area of the website for more details. 

Saturday 10th June

 At the AGM, The Dean was elected as President and Mrs Nancy McGiveron and Mr Michael Hopkins were re-elected to the Friends' Council.

Festal Eucharist in commemoration of Bishop Thomas Ken at 5:15pm gives an opportunity to strengthen links with Frome (his final resting place). 

The Friends' Office is in the West Cloister (entry from the New Entry Cloister). For more information please see Office Hours.

Past, Present & Future